Happy 2011 to everyone! I’ve been trying to “do the balancing act” during the month of December (I know that many of you can relate to that tricky feat….) However, during all my decorating, planning, parties, celebrating, loving on family and friends……. Tin Tin was never far from my mind!!
“TEAM TIN TIN” wants to know……..THE REST OF THE STORY (will you please be sure to let your child/children who have been a part of this unfolding miracle they hear this update!!)
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY and PRAISE!!!!!! 100% of all of Tin Tin’s adoption and travel expenses have been met!!!
THANK YOU for your financial gifts, prayers and acts of love and concern for this sweet orphan as she makes her way to her forever family. Know that you have made a forever difference to “one of the least of these!” I have been so blessed by you, you showed what it means to be Jesus’ hands and feet…… Because of those of you that donated, prayed and spread the word, this miracle happened! I imagine that God is smiling at HIS CHURCH doing what HE has called us all to do…..”care for the orphans…”
December 23, 2010 Tin Tin’s adoptive parents received the paperwork from "Mr.Fed. Ex" --- this paperwork needed their signature accepting Tin Tin as their daughter --- the “powers that be” in the Phillipines had accepted Brian and Stephanie as Tin Tin’s parents now the paperwork needed a signature stating that they were accepting this privilege. Stephanie and Brian felt like this was the single most perfect Christmas gift from God’s gracious hand!!!
So….although Tin Tin wasn’t physically HOME (in the U.S.A.) this past Christmas , God gave the gift of paperwork that seemed to say….My timing is best, and here is what I’m giving you for Christmas, the promise of Tin Tin joining your family SOON!
A passport and visa are currently being worked on for Tin Tin – this means that the Carpenters are hoping and praying that within the next two weeks both will be processed and they can be on their way to pick up and bring home Tin Tin!
AWESOME WAYS GOD MOVED…..
The body of Christ has rallied around Tin Tin and this family to support this special adoption…..celebrate with us while reading about some unique ways this miracle transpired……..
- An anonymous donor paid for Tin Tin’s adoption leaving only travel expenses to be raised!!
- Many, many of you spread the word and money (from quarters to hundreds of dollars) came in to cover all the travel expenses of flying to the Phillipines…….
- A first grade class in a local Christian School made Tin Tin their Christmas project recipient this year….. they raised money and purchased diapers, wipes and toddler toys for Tin Tin
- Another Christian school (in Berks County) heard about Tin Tin and also wanted to bless Tin Tin and her family --- so they too are making Tin Tin a recipient of their Christmas project; they are planning on purchasing foam squares so that the Carpenter family can complete their playroom floor (the foam makes crawling so much softer and easier on crawling knees!!) – ½ of the floor was already completed but due to the expense of the squares, the other half remained undone. This school has designated any remaining funds after purchase of foam squares to be used toward any medical expenses that Tin Tin will incur when arriving in the United States!
- Warwick High School Football Team Members sold “Ten for Tin Tin” t-shirts on their own time (note: t-shirts still available)
A few of you have asked me what other needs this family has……
- A compact double stroller would be a great convenience item for Stephanie. (two little non-mobile girls with CP) – she has a large double stroller for extended trips out – but a simple compact double would be nice for “quick errands” that she could easily get in and out of the van
- Since Tin Tin will have a feeding tube --- money or gift cards to Walmart for formula will be another need
- An upright car seat for Tin Tin with a 5 point harness system to keep her strapped in safely will also be another need
- DIAPERS….she’ll have two in diapers (as Elianna is not yet toilet trained) – sizes 3 and 4 diapers….
Those are the needs that I can think of off the top of my head…..
AGAIN, on behalf of Tin Tin --- THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! I encourage each of you to continue to seek out ways to be Jesus’ hands and feet! I will update again as travel plans are ironed out…….. Be in prayer for their safety in traveling to and from the Phillipines!
P.S. I’m currently helping another family who is trying to adopt (and literally save their lives!!) two precious orphans that have that “extra special chromosome” (down syndrome) and who are considered “throw aways” by their country’s standards… if you have interest in helping to save another orphan…..please contact me …..I hope to “carry their story…..”